Saturday, September 13, 2008

Finally found some words


I spent the last two months writing Jason every day because he was in Boot Camp for the Untied States Navy. I think the last months I have gone through every emotion I have between saying good bye to him and watching him get on a bus, to seeing him for the first time after he had his training. I have had difficulty actually putting my feelings about this whole “Navy girlfriend” thing. I’m proud, happy, intimidated, and ecstatic all at the same time.
Jason looks immaculate. He gained some weight and it is all muscle, and he has this fantastic tone about him. The military really does wonders on our boys. They come out better men than they already were when they went in. My favorite uniform of his are his summer whites. He has a lot of different uniforms. I am proud of him and sad that I cannot have him here with me at the same time. People were stopping him in the middle of the streets in Chicago just to shake his had and thank him for serving. It was amazing. He has come such a long way and grown so much. I even feel a little intimidated by him… feeling a little bit like he might be in such a great place right now that he might not want boring old Jessica anymore. I do know better though. I get to talk to him on the phone a lot now and he tells me he loves me every night. He is currently in Wichita Falls, Texas on an Air Force base awaiting apprentice training for the construction battalion (Seabees). He will be there until January and then he gets to come home for a little bit before his potential deployment to the Middle East.
Jason says he does his morning training with the Marines that are on the base with them. Seabees are hybrids he says; Half Navy Half Marines and not quite sailors but are at the same time. He also likes to make fun of the Air Force these days and I yell at him every time. I say you can’t make fun of the Air Force! My Grandpa was a Flying Officer and I have an uncle and a good friend in the Air force!! He laughs and says Navy has all the planes. I will get him to stop though. He still loves to get a rise out of me; Teasing me about going out on the town and finding cute girls because his uniform will attract them. I say no baby! You’re mean!! Its Okay. I know He wants me and only me! That Girl in every port is not true!!! I hear that all the time now from his teasing friends!
I miss him so much! I Cannot wait to be in his arms again!

No comments:

Post a Comment