Saturday, November 28, 2009

So much to be thankful for

Every holiday seems to start as stressful and ends as fantastic. This year was not nearly as stressful, but it had its beginnings. My mother and I had our annual (every couple of months) stress talk. Waiting on whether Ninja was going to join our table with cousin SML halted right after the mother talk, and it was topped off with getting stuck celebrating the annual world wide Thanksgiving Eve drink fest against my will (all though I did start the fest early and just did not get to go home when I wanted to). I did however talk with Cousin SCL, my brother for a minute, and good ol Bry for about an hour as I topped off my wired by eggnog Thanksgiving Eve.

The day arrives with again the usual slight headache and lack of sleep. Trouble and I joined Cyndi and Orie upstairs for a cup of coffee and then Headed to Trouble's Mother's house for our first Thanksgiving Feast. To tell ya the truth, I wish Trouble would hang out with his mother and sister more often. They love him so much and treat him so great when he is around them. He seems happy to be there, and always excited to leave. Trouble's mother is a great cook. We had a 15lb turkey, Peas, Corn, stuffing, butternut squash, mashed potatoes and of course stuffing. We were stuffed to the gills and falling asleep at the table all ready... at least I was...
Trouble's mother's fiance is a hair dresser in Boston and he decided Trouble needed a hair cut.


Before he knew it he was a whole new guy! after the hair cut we hugged goodbye and headed to my house for our second dinner.


Uncle O got a 20lb bird. I made some fresh mashed turnips and some broccoli salad. I don't know how anyone makes an entire meal; I was beat after chopping boiling mashing and mixing for an hour and a half. It all turned out fabulous but still I could have used a nap and didn't even have time.






Dinner was wonderful and our bellies have been full ever since. In fact I was so tired that I couldn't even move to go back upstairs to watch The Giants play Thursday night football. Though I am happy to say I didn't wanna watch my boys in blue get beat again this season.

All and All there is so much to be thankful for. From our Massachusetts table to yours have a Happy Holiday Season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment