Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Box #2 headed to my man

I guess I've fallen in love with making my Seabee happy. :-) Course I have always loved doing that. When J was in RTC I wrote him every day. Now that he is on Deployment... He asked I not write him everyday. but in the same breath said "Where's my package??"


Tropical Skittles (J's favorite)
Peach Rings
Gummy Worms
A Deck of Playing Cards

a couple items I did not send in the first package, and honestly, His favorites...
aside from the Gummy Worms... They're resends.. J said he finished the gummy worms as soon as he opened the package... I had to send him more.


His Second box was inspired by one of our last conversations. J had a late watch and he said he read through an entire National Geographic. Now National Geographic has been a fantastic magazine for years, but it is not really a favorite reading material of a guy like J. He likes man things, islands, girls (but only to look at), Music, and Movies. So I decided to send him some fun reading material;



Island Magazine
Maxim
Rolling Stone
Esquire

I don't know much about Esquire, Clint Eastwood on the cover made me think that J would be interested. I told him I got him "some men's magazine" He was like "a what?" Tell ya the truth, these will all probably bore him, but who knows. The Island Magazine will make him jealous he isn't home... or on some beach somewhere. Maxim is a cool magazine... but really? J is a pain in the butt... He doesn't care about celebrities and what they are doing unless they are in a great movie, or singing a song he wants to listen to. Not really interested in making himself look more handsome (cause he's hot just the way he is), doesn't care about the newest trends and really has only had a Facebook page for a couple months cause I talked him into it.

Tucker Max's "I hope They Serve Beer in Hell"
Is a book he's going to love.
In fact I fell in love with it already myself, and wanted very much to finish it BEFORE I sent it off to J.
This man is hilarious. I found myself laughing to myself in the middle of rooms full of people while reading this book. In fact I was so engulfed in the first chapter, that much to my friend's dismay... I did not want to partake in the Power Hour session accruing at C's place. Only few books keep my attention. I would much rather write to tell you the truth. I know a handful of guys that are rude and lewd like him... and these guys happen to be friends of mine. I was laughing so hard I almost cried picturing the shenanigans of his and his friends in Chapter 2, The Night we Almost died. J'll be done with this book in no time, and asking me for another after that.

Due to my Grandmother's health and a little Omen (a book she owns fell on the floor next to my luggage suitcase in the back room I sleep in when I'm there called "The Camel Knows the Way" Grandmom said I should read it and I had to send J Tucker Max's book right away because it was highly distracting.

Oh yes and the Cracker Jacks:
merely because of Sailor Jack. For he may not be on a boat, but a Navy man he is. I can hear it now:
"I'm not a Sailor!!"

I love you Baby Come home soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment