Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Curse of ATL strikes again

2 summers ago I was dating a guy from Jersey that lived in Atlanta, Ga
(ya I'm a shoe in for long distance relationships)
but here's the Curse.... Every time Ga boy flew me to Ga to see him, I got delayed at the Newark airport for hours at a time. On the way back I would be fine... no delays even if it was pouring rain we had a perfect landing. I HATED it. I got stuck there so late that I was 2 hours early for my flight at 430 and the plane did not even come in from ATL until 800. it was CRAZY!!




Yesterday was J's last couple of hours at home. I think I checked his Delta Airline flight every couple of hours and it was all go the entire time even with the weather. I even mentioned the curse... I said watch out my flights to ATL always get delayed. It happened every time like clock work to me. none the less after J's goodbyes with his sister and mother we left with his father headed to Newark.


The ride to Newark. I played with his hat. I look goofy in it.



about 20 minutes out from Newark an 800 number started calling his phone. Finally he answered. It said his flight was canceled. in disbelief we still made our way around the terminals via air tram and made it to terminal B just to find out his flight would be at 6am the following morning!! Sweet!!


J was in shock I was in shock... Dad J was in shock... OK so we have another night!! OMG!!! J gave me his orders paperwork and his new tickets and asked me to put it in my purse. I didn't. I put it back in his duffel bag before we got back on the air tram.

We stopped at the Starbucks in Terminal A. J and his dad got double espresso shots and I got my favorite airport delay drink: Grande cafe' mocha. I grabbed J's bag and carried it to the truck and we high tailed it out of there.

We made it all the way back to Madison and stopped to pick up a prescription for his mother at the pharmacy. I then realized I was missing my purse.



missing:

1 Red purse with a j on the front.

Contents
:

MY WHOLE LIFE;

car keys, registration for my car, drivers license, SS card, money, digital camera

I was beside myself. J kept telling me he was gonna kill me lol!! Holly Crap!!
J's father works at Newark and he was able to have his co workers locate my missing purse!!

Thank God for BIG miracles!!!!!

Thank God for canceled flights,
12 hours more with my Seabee (even though he was gonna kill me lol)

Thank God for Jimmy K.

To all of you that are fans of coffee...
Starbucks will make you forget your purse at the airport. stick with the locally owed coffee shops from now on.
I can't believe I had to be reminded of my old favorite coffee shop in the world Sweet Dreams Cafe.

Who's bumper sticker read WAY before DD's



FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRINK STARBUCKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment