Friday, January 9, 2009

It is okay to hate a country I've never been to

I asked a friend why he's on yahoo more than I am

replied; My girlfriend is in Iraq so I keep my phone on yahoo messenger.

oh. I hate Iraq.

he said why do you hate it. Not like you've been there.

answer, it takes the ones I care about away from time to time.

You better get used to it so does Afgan, Korea, Germany, (list goes on but I remind him of Kuwait and he says ya that too)... Welcome to the military relationship.

I told him I'm completely fine with disliking the country and it's not the place I would visit anyways.




G says the same thing and pretty much backs up S... well he is right, I've been to Iraq twice and I don't have any anything against the county. sorta is the thing about the military relationship. you have to deal with being far away from your boyfriend.
Geez!! I'm not worried about that. I've had friends over seas since the damn war started. I've lasted 7 months already whats 6 to 9 more really?




I gotta tell ya the dry emotionless attitude that a military man can have is ANNOYING!! I've encountered it with friends and their girlfriends... they get this attitude and I've heard all the nightmares cause I've watched them in relationships and they have told me about their troubles because I can actually talk to them about it. when they find a girl that changes everything and they are no longer the emotionless.
Makes me a little weary of my relationship with J. J sorta had that attitude pre-Navy. the other day we had a 2 hour conversation but last night he was sorta short with me. I gave him a WHOA there buddy! I'm the girl who's been sitting tight here in the Civilian world on the pure chance that I can be here for you! don't give me the easily annoyed crap! He's coming home in less than a week now and I'm nervous. What if he gets home and realizes that he hasn't missed me at all as much as he thought he did? I mean two different worlds here... I'm fairly confident that I'm just over thinking the whole thing because in about 5 days J will be here.

I'm also certain that I need to hush my worries because the boy has not even left yet, let alone started combat training.

"With your help,dear God, I'll try to stay strong...
and pray that his tie here at home will be long.
Still, "I know that the navy will need him," I sigh
but we'll face it together, Dear Lord, you and I
"






No comments:

Post a Comment