Friday, February 6, 2009

Does Grandpa think I'm unrealistic?

Thursday morning right before Tara ran down the stairs and woke me up I was in the middle of a dream.

My Grandfather (the one who passed)
handed me a piece of light blue paper with navy blue and sparkle splashed trim that read is white letters;


"You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one."

"Who wrote this?" inquired Grandpa

The question was in my head when Tara ran down her hard wood stairs in heels.
"Who wrote this? Who wrote this?" and I started singing the song in my head.

Duh! John Lennon! But why is my Grandpa asking me this is a dream?

That's the thing about dreams; they are encrypted.

Later that morning my friend L from Charlottesville, VA contacted me via Facebook to let me know that she had not only found me a place to live, but also a possible job at a bar in town. Was Grandpa pointing me towards Virgina to flee to a fresh new life? Only thing is Grandpa was always a realist. Him showing himself to me for the first time in 2 & 1/2 years is strange to me. I fear he is calling me a "dreamer" and that my thoughts of Gypsy Living are unrealistic. That running from my life is less than realist and I should just relax and try to fight for my roots in NJ or try to get closer to my Grandmother in Iowa. He may know more than I that I have a foundation to uphold right here in this Garden State.



Do I?
I am confused now more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment