Monday, March 2, 2009

The things we do for love

J's deployment is coming soon and all too fast. I am very unsure to take it. All I know is that I am extremely thankful for the small (really big) things that we have spoken about these last couple of days. J can be a very unemotional person. I finally got something I needed out of him. He told me he wants to come home and be with me and only me the other day. I was so happy I thought I would die!! REALLY! I dont have to worry that he doesn't want a future with me.

So the things you do for love...

Late Saturday evening I was talking with him while tending bar at the Madison Elks Club and for the sake of "Not Me Monday"



I did not convince J that it would be nice to see him again even if we didn't have a lot of extra time together. I did not jump in the car with S and make our way down to Southern Miss again. We did not put over 1300 miles on my little black Neon and make it here last night around 10ish central time. Nope not me. and I am not sitting on the Gulfport Seabee Base in a Hotel room Posting this.


March 1st 2009, 9:02 pm Central Time
Mississippi Welcomes Us!!
Sign reads "Its like Coming home"
1299 miles and 22 hours later we finally made it!

The Things We do for Love!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me so much of my husband and I before we were married. We drove and flew between Georgia, Texas and New york so many times in the 10 months after he joined the Air Force I've lost count...

    The things we do for love huh? :)

    ReplyDelete