Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A NY Giant Bone to Pick with Wikipedia



My Aunt C a proud PA born Turned New Englander in the late 70's is a Patriots fan. She dug out this hat from the 2007 Season Superbowl. She thinks I should wear it to let people know I am a Giants fan but I like the Pats too... I love her thinking, but I'm better off just wearing my NY Giants hat. I'm sure to stir some hidden feelings by wearing this one out...

So here comes a bone to pick with Wikipedia... I looked up some Superbowl XLII information and sure to my surprise I read this in the article on this opinionated, web based Encyclopedia :

"Super Bowl XLII was an American football game that featured the National Football Conference (NFC) champion New York Giants and the American Football Conference (AFC) champion New England Patriots to decide the National Football League (NFL) champion for the 2007 season. In one of the biggest upsets in Super Bowl history,[10] the Giants (14–6) won 17–14 over the previously undefeated Patriots (18–1). In doing so, the Giants became the first NFC wild card team to win a Super Bowl. They also became the sixth wild card seed from either conference, the fifth in eleven years, and second in three years, to earn an NFL championship. The victory marked the franchise's seventh NFL championship and third Super Bowl win—New York's first title since Super Bowl XXV in January 1991. The Giants head coach was Tom Coughlin. The Patriots were coached by Bill Belichick. The tagline for Super Bowl XLII was "Who Wants It More?"

See the bold writing? I'm offended... Encyclopedias Have opinions? I was highly unaware of that.

In fact I have to say that it was not a big upset for half the nation who seriously thought
1. the Pats were accused of cheating
(Wikipedia didn't cover that in the Superbowl XLII page, they did state "The season began with controversy, when in Week 2 head coach Bill Belichick and the Patriots were penalized by the NFL for their involvement in the videotaping of opponents' defensive signals from an unauthorized location in their Week 1 game against the New York Jets, referred to in the press as Spygate. Despite the media scrutiny, the Patriots continued to gain momentum, winning mid-season games by scores such as 52–7 and 56–10, as quarterback Tom Brady[1] iterated the team's desire to blow out and "kill teams." in 2007 NE Patriots Season.)

2. The Pats can't have a perfect record!!
3. Even Philadelphia and Dallas fans Who HATE the Giants Swallowed their pride and Routed for Big Blue.

4. I personally <~~~ GIANTS FAN! Hello?! no Big upset here... I WAS ECSTATIC

So Wikipedia here's a Friendly Jersey Girl Sending you a BIG Giant UP YOURS!!!
Encyclopedias with opinions are no better than the tabloids. Wanna read about the Tabloids in Wikipedia? TABLOIDS "Junk food News"?




<~~~~~~
And just to let you know... There are Giants Fans in New England... Right here in Massachusetts. This guy... He's from MA!

No comments:

Post a Comment