Thursday, October 2, 2008

a Bottle of white and a Sex in the City DVD

“Maybe mistakes are what make our fate... without them what would shape our lives? Maybe if we had never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, have babies, or be who we are. After all, things change, so do cities, people come into your life and they go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart... and if you're very lucky, a plane ride away”


Girl friends. That was the theme of Sex in the City. The friends that come together no matter where they are and stand by one another no matter what… they are opinionated, one sided, compassionate, caring and crazy and they are always there for you when you really need them. Taking turns with the drama and the harsh words… telling you what you need to hear even when you don’t want to hear it, dragging you out of your house when you spent too many days on the cough crying over a failed relationship, pouring you a glass of wine or topping it off when it’s almost empty is what your best friends do. I have some pretty fantastic friends too! I got a text from H yesterday saying I got Sex in the City on DVD. Are you around tonight? Do you want to watch it? I said Hell ya!! Our first H&J evening in a while and It was pretty cool. We made pasta with the chicken my cousin made, chardonnay, oil, garlic, onions& peppers. Cracked a bottle of white and popped in the movie. I still swear that Sex and the City’s Carrie and Big are the same relationship as Jason and I; save the fact that Big was married twice already. But that’s what they do with that show… take all kinds of different people and mix them into something you can relate to. Heather and I related all to well. We haven’t talked much lately… but in the hustle and bustle of our lives we got different. It’s hard to live with a friend. She spends a lot of time with her boyfriend and I spend a lot of time with my laptop. I also spend a lot of time missing my boyfriend. That Heather admits she doesn’t know how I do it, and she can’t relate at all. I wish she could, but none the less she stands by me. She misses Jason too. H and I just became close when Jay and I were getting together. The saga of Jessica and Jason is a book she knows well. H and I talked about how we feel we wasted our time in the apt. we could have had more fun but we were busy fighting because I was in another world dealing with my mother’s illness. She blames Georgia boy. They didn’t get along and she spent time avoiding me because of it. We avoided each other. But not all is lost because when it comes down to it H&J will always be friends. When we needed each other we always came back to ourselves. She will be moving down the street this weekend. I will move to where ever I have to go… but we both don’t wanna leave Boonton Ave. I guess we needed to watch a movie and have some white last night to realize that we were not really as far away from each other as we thought. Leave it to Miranda, Carrie, Samantha and Charlotte to bring us back to each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment