Saturday, October 11, 2008

Things are looking up


Dear Dale,

I am supposed to be taking my insurance state exam right now. I went to bed early and was awake by 7am… but I chickened out. I need more time… or at least I feel like I do. I really feel like I don’t know anything and I just need to read the book over and over again… today I hate insurance. It’s making me feel dumb. It’s this whole other world that seems to be in another language and the more I read it the more it doesn’t make any sense. I know my decision to not take the test today was not a wise one… but I need more time to stare at the book and maybe absorb the words… I will be scheduling the exam for Tuesday morning. This time hopefully will be the last.

As for the Pennsylvania move; I have realized that some of my very favorite people live in Pennsylvania. My mother, uncles, aunts, Grandma Beth, lots of cousins, they all live in PA. I had a fantastic time spending the day with them on Thursday. Uncle Chris lives pretty close to my job and I can stay there a couple nights a week and the other nights I will stay with Mom but spend time with my Grandma Beth and Cousin Sammie. The drive is totally worth it because I will be closer to my family. I have missed them so much over the years and it will be good to see them as much as possible. The holidays will be a lot nicer this year because I will be with them. Last Christmas day Mark and I did nothing and it was depressing. I missed my family. We celebrate Christmas on Christmas Day. I think Mark would have gone with me if I asked him, but his plan was to do nothing considering his family does their big night on the Eve. I don’t have to worry about this though this year. Jason and I will be able to spend sometime together because he will be on leave and his family also celebrates Christmas on Christmas day.

As for Jason my Sailor man, he admitted how much he misses me. He said he was having a day that wasn’t the best and days like Thursday he wishes he was home. He also told me to look up flights to Texas because he’ll be phase 3 this weekend and he’ll be able to see me and leave base for a weekend or have me stay on base with him. My god what I would give just to be in his arms! I am not a Texas fan but I would go there to be with him.

My apartment is just fine the way it is right now. If I shut the door it feels like home.

Things are looking up now. I am very happy that the silver lining is showing through the storm.

All my Love,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment