Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Thanksgiving Tradition of Thankyou.




Thankyou’s are not always remembered as we run on by in our daily lives so it is very important that we stop and remind ourselves and the people around us what we are thankful for. A long time family Tradition on Thanksgiving at Grandpa L & Grandmom Maryanne’s home is not only good food and good family fun. It also consists of writing down what we are thankful for and reading our thanks at the dinner table. I think My Aunt Debbie started it, and when the night is over she takes them home and saves them in a scrape book for our future selves and our kids’ kids to read. This year we will not be at Grandpa and Grandmom’s home due to health complications but I would still like the carry on the tradition and send Grandmom and Grandpa our what I am thankful for”’s.


I am thankful for my family and how loving, supportive, and close we have all become. I am not only grateful but also honored to have the friends and family I have in my life. I appreciate the fact that I have the pleasure still at 29 years if age that lots of people even younger than I am do not have; to have my grandparents around so I can call them up and tell them I love them or take a day and visit just for a hug. I am grateful that even though they say you can never change a man that a man can change and be the man I had hoped he would be years before. I am thankful for God, my country and the love that surrounds us all. It is good to be thankful not only today but all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment