Monday, December 8, 2008

My Sailor is coming home!!



I am sooooo excited!!! J will be home for 9 days starting Thursday!!
I had a nice long talk with him yesterday. If it’s really expensive to cut a ticket I might be expecting a road trip to Texas which would be fun honestly but he is dying to not only see me but he also wants to see his family and friends more than anything. A road trip would take a day or two off of his home time, which he really wants every second home he can get. J told me the biggest thing he can’t wait for is to get off the plane in his blues, duffle bag on his shoulder and see his father standing there to greet him. The look in his father’s eyes is something he is looking forward to more than anything … so we are praying cutting his ticket to MI will not be too expensive so home on Thursday he will be!!




I am a little bummed though because he will not be home for Christmas or New years… I really wanted a New Years kiss… call me crazy but I didn’t get one last year because the guy I was with didn’t like my smoking. It’s those little things you miss! J and I had been together for three Christmases prior to last year. His family has an annual open house on Christmas Eve where all friends and family gather and have warm tiding with one another. Last year was the only Christmas J and I were not together in 4 years and I did miss him and his family very much. I had a nice Christmas last year, but I have so looked forward to being in J’s arms this holiday after we had gotten back together in July. I cannot complain though. I can only look forward to seeing him home safe for as long as I can.

Thank you Navy for letting him come home for just a little while!!

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I dated for 3 years before we got married and the last year he was in basic over Xmas and New Years. Oh it sucked big time! So I can relate to how you're feeling!

    Hope you get to see him again soon!

    ReplyDelete