Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Saturday after Christmas, and today


My day yesterday was lonnngg. I've been pretty sick since Christmas (Santa Decided to add one more bad thing to my list darn that man in red) and I had to work the bar yesterday at the Elks club. I was sneezing every 5 minutes, blowing my nose and washing my hands every 7 minutes. but it was a cool day. Jerry, one of our members, came down and brought me a bag of orange cough drops and a bottle of Advil. It was super sweet of him. a couple girls came down from the American Legion (another private club that consists of veterans and sons and daughters of veterans) the girls were playing the pull tab machines (pull tabs are like scratch off tickets except they pull the tabs off instead of scratching) They couldn't stop winning. it was amazing. they pulled about 700 and tipped me 10%. I was at loss for words. I have no luck on that stupid machine lol. but apparently at the American Legion its common for the players to tip the bartender 10%. WoW! We ended the evening with about 7 of us watching the "Chainsaw Massacre". lol try that in a public bar. Tell ya the truth I hate the movie... J used to make me watch it all the freakin time~~ He's a Horror movie fanatic and I never watch tthem because I get vivid nightmares... but it was fun to have a movie night none the less.



I got my 12 year old cousin to help me fold laundry. He's smart... he pretends he doesn't know how to do things but he really does. Typical 12 year old persona. but I feel I got the upper hand because he helped me. yay me! He really does love me. Sometimes I wonder! He's a good boy though!

So lets see what this day has in store for me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment